About the role:
Life manages a dispersed network of supported housing units in 22 locations across England and Northern Ireland, providing 111 bed spaces with additional outreach services.
Our service provides practical, emotional and life skills support to women who find themselves pregnant and homeless. We aspire to provide a home-from-home in a shared living environment, with other Mums in similar circumstances until Mum, Baby and any siblings are in a position to be able to transfer to move on housing.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join Life as a Referrals and Revenue Officer:
- To act as first point of contact within Life for all referring agencies in the receipt and management of referrals.
- To receive, record and prioritise external agency referrals, and self-referrals assessing information and highlighting any potential or current risks to pass to Link Managers once the referral has been deemed suitable.
- To make initial contact with potential clients and complete initial needs assessments at point of contact.
- To have day to day responsibility, in liaison with the Pregnancy Matters™ Housing Staff Team for ensuring the efficient turnaround of void rooms across Life’s Housing service.
- To liaise with the Regional Support Workers to ensure they manage all void room refurbishments as quickly as possible to ensure maximum rental income.
- Create and maintain performance information relating to voids as well as devising and implementing any service improvement to enhance Life’s onboarding of clients.
Life is the largest pro-life charity within the UK and probably the most comprehensive and ambitious as it combines advocacy & education work with a nationwide support & housing service along with a network of charity retail shops. Life’s mission is to uphold respect for every human life from fertilisation until natural death whilst providing emotional and practical support to pregnant woman and young mothers who are vulnerable.
At Life we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our:
- Generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year, plus 8 Bank Holidays, (for full-time positions, pro-rated for part-time positions)
- Paid DBS check
- Birthday Leave
- Extra annual leave for long term service
- Length of service awards
- Company Pension Scheme
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding and Equality
Life is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Life expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds to apply.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks. Life takes its obligation to protect the rights of children and vulnerable people very seriously; therefore, the successful candidate for this post will be also subject to extensive background checking, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
How to apply
Should you be interested in this role, then please complete an application form by clicking the below.