Are you passionate about creating a world where no one faces pregnancy or pregnancy loss alone? If so, you may wish to consider becoming a Trustee of Life.
Life is a national pregnancy support charity, founded in 1970, where we help 45,000+ people each year to meet pregnancy or pregnancy loss with courage and dignity so they can flourish.
Our services include,
– Free emotional help, counselling, and skilled listening via phone, text, email, or in person.
– Housing and community support around the country for mums and their babies.
– Free pregnancy tests and baby supplies.
– Crafting content that educates the public about pregnancy, pregnancy loss, and our work.
All our work is underpinned by the following universal human values:
– Common Good
Over the last few years, Life has successfully implemented transformational change. We are now moving into the next phase of development and growth. To join the board you will need to have a passion for our vision and mission and a willingness to get involved.
As well as the opportunity to inform and influence Life’s services, we offer an engaged and dynamic board the opportunity to work with our Senior Leadership Team. The board strives for equality, diversity, and inclusion where all Trustees feel valued and respected and welcomes all applicants.
The role is:
– Unremunerated, but with reasonable expenses covered
– Home-based with four trustee meetings per year (online meetings and in-person; in-person meetings will be either in London or Warwickshire)
– Each Trustee is also expected to sit on a Link Trustee Scheme which meets multiple times per year
– Availability to serve on Charity Board for at least one term (three years)
– Skills and background in one or more of the following areas: finance, fundraising, HR and training, income generation, IT and systems, service users/beneficiaries, marketing.
– Experience in organisations with a strong objective-based orientation.
How to apply
For more information including a role description and how to apply, please contact our Chief Executive Kerry Smart to register your interest. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details regarding the interview process will be sent to shortlisted candidates in advance.
You do not need to have any previous experience of being a trustee. We welcome applications from people of all ages and level of professional experience who are excited by this opportunity. We will provide help and guidance to new trustees when they are inducted onto the board.