Level 2 Counselling course overview
Who is this course for?
Why do this course?
- Gain a nationally recognised accredited qualification
- Improve your core counselling skills
- Face to face and distance learning options available
- Personalised support
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
Level 3 award in Counselling skills and theory
Level 3 diploma in Counselling skills
Why choose our course?
The benefits of enrolling on our NCFE Level 2 counselling skills course:
We offer face-to-face classroom-based sessions practising core skills in a safe environment.
There are no entry requirements and there will be no exams – all assignments are assessed by your tutor and added to your portfolio which will be internally assessed and externally quality assured. All units are accredited by NCFE and CACHE.
Once registered and first payment received all four units will be available online for learners to access in the Learning Zone. All learners whether classroom based, or distant learners will have access to tutor support via Text, Email or Telephone for the duration of the course.
What to expect:
Our multi-sensory integrative course uses visual aid, group-work and classroom activities which includes, questions and requires learner participation and class discussion. The delivery will be inspiring and inclusive for the learner. Lessons are designed to give learners the core knowledge, skills and competencies required to use counselling skills ethically and safely in their work environment.
There are usually three options, however now due to COVID-19 there is only the distance learning option available: –
- Five day face-to-face spread over five weeks, classroom-based lessons with two days core skills, three days counselling skills theory with an additional three days distant learning.
We recommend that the learner takes advantage of our five days face-to-face sessions. You will be getting the most out of the course with group work and planned lessons that will give real exposure to the core skills practising over two days so that you get the best experience throughout, with personalised tutor guidance in a safe environment. The counselling skills theory would be delivered for the following three weeks with our multi-sensory approach to teaching.
- One day face-to-face classroom-based practising core skills. This will be followed by seven days distance learning spread over seven weeks.
One day classroom-based core skills practise. Applying the core skills in group work in a safe environment which will include an audio recording of core skills sessions to add to your portfolio (optional).
- Distant Learning– Ten Weeks course with dates set by tutor for handing in assessments.
Learners who sign up for this program will be expected to submit audio recordings for unit one showing their practice of the core skills. Throughout unit one there will be six opportunities to create audio during your skills practice with a witness. When you have gained enough experience while you practice you can record audio for submission.
- The distant learner will be using the core skills while the speaker they have chosen talks, a witness needs to fill out the observation sheet.
- Your audio will be assessed by your tutor and will be given feedback.
- The audio will be added to your portfolio as evidence of skills practice along with the witness observation sheets.
- You can add more than one audio to be assessed if you choose.
Distant learning will be done at learners’ own pace with days agreed with the assessor for submitting assignments. Tutor will be available for learners to contact each week by either email, telephone call or text for support and guidance.
What you will learn?
- Unit 1: Using counselling skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
How much will it cost?
Special offer all inclusive total fees of £350. For groups of more than six further concessions are available, do get in touch to find out more. Easy payment options are available. See our payment terms for more information.
Download a course flyer
If you wish to let others know about this course, why not download the flyer to share, print or display in your community
Want to know more?
Please provide your details below and we will get in touch