At Life’s Ignite event, we told you about our decision to move to a Hub model. As our pilot Hub gets going, I would like to take the opportunity to explain what a Hub is, why we took this decision, and what is in this for YOU.
What is a Hub?
A Hub is its own regional version of Life Charity.
We are transitioning to 10 locally-run and co-ordinated regional Hubs, with a much-leaner “National Team” giving them direction and advice. This is replacing our current model of more than 150 separate local Life outlets, overseen centrally by a big Head Office.
This model is well-known in the charity sector to address many of the challenges we face as an organisation. YMCA, Age UK, PDSA and Mind are all good examples of national charities that have regionalised like this.
Why did we choose to move to the Hub model?
In a nutshell, because it will help us to achieve our MISSION. And our mission is to create a just society which has the utmost respect for all human life from fertilisation.
- Each regional Hub will have the power and flexibility to tailor our much-needed services to their individual region.
- We can proactively take our services to clients, instead of waiting for them to come to us. This is because the Hub model allows the Hub personnel to be online and mobile.
- A Hub model provides greater opportunities for us and our supporters – like yourself – to work together, because a regionalised charity is closer to those supporters.
What is in this for YOU?
All these changes are changing Life to:
- A Life that has more impact where you are, and;
- A Life which gives YOU more opportunities to help accomplish our mission.
Organisational health is the key to accomplishing our mission. Simply put, we can’t make abortion a thing of the past until we are running like a well-oiled machine. These “under-the-bonnet” changes will have a lasting impact, revitalising the Charity and letting us deliver our core services in new and more effective ways.
A regional Hub also allows you many more opportunities to help us achieve our mission. This could be giving your time, your talent or your treasure. We can only create a just society with your help, because a society is made up of people just like you and I.
An exciting time for Life
These Hubs are taking us to the next level in the accomplishment of our mission. As you would expect, there is a lot of work to do, and a lot of people are working very hard to make this a reality. But we are also very excited to be working with you – expect to see more details shortly as our pilot Hub is established and then as we progress to the further Hubs!
Question: What kinds of ways do YOU want to volunteer for us in the Hubs? How do YOU want to help us create a just society which values all human life? You can leave a comment in the box below.