A thought-provoking, sensitive discussion about real-life cases, abortion law, the development of the baby in the womb, the effects of abortion and the prolife position.
What We Cover
- The prolife position and responses to pro-choice arguments
- Real-life case studies of women affected by abortion
- Life’s support services
- Current abortion statistics
- Fetal development
- UK abortion law
- Abortion in the ‘hard cases’
We never use shocking images as a matter of policy.
Our standard Abortion presentation is designed for Year 10 up to sixth-form and young adult groups. We can tailor the material depending on the audience. We also have an adapted Abortion talk suitable for Year 9.
We can speak to year groups or to any class size. A typical presentation will last 50-60 minutes (usually a single lesson).
Our aim is to enable audience members to:
- understand the moral and legal issues involved in abortion
- gain knowledge about how people can be affected by abortion, and Life’s support services
- be inspired by their intrinsic worth and dignity – just because of who they are
- Pregnancy Matters™, the sister arm of Life, deals with 3,000 clients every year who are affected by abortion and pregnancy loss.
- Pregnancy Matters™ is one of the nation’s largest providers of supported accommodation for women facing difficult pregnancies. We therefore have a clear understanding of why women choose abortion, how it affects them, and what help they need.
- The Life Matters® team have responded to six government consultations in the past five years, three of which directly relate to the Abortion subject matter (abortion law in Ireland, abortion for disability in the UK, and abortion clinic operating procedures).