A workshop about quality of life attitudes and their impact on the issues of life and death, including disability abortion, screening technologies and euthanasia.
What We Cover
- Human rights: what they are and why we have them
- When human rights begin
- Stages of our development
- Case studies and stories
- Factors affecting our perception of Quality of Life
- Pregnancy screening techniques and euthanasia
Our Quality of Life presentation is designed for Year 11 up to sixth-form and young adult groups. We can tailor the material depending on the audience.
We can speak to year groups or to any class size. A typical presentation will last 50-60 minutes (usually a single lesson).
Our aim is to enable audience members to:
- understand what human rights are and where they come from
- gain knowledge of how current practices devalue our intrinsic dignity
- be inspired by their intrinsic worth and dignity – just because of who they are
- Life Matters® runs one of the largest and most reputable pro-life educational programmes in the country.
- In the past five years Life has responded to seven government consultations, two of which (abortion for disability, and prenatal screening) directly relate to the Quality of Life subject matter.
- Life Matters® has participated in campaigns to urge the government to uphold equality law for babies with disabilities.