A discussion about our attitudes towards relationships, impact of the media, possible consequences of a sexual relationship and how to identify healthy relationships.
What We Cover
We have a number of Relationships presentations tailored for different year groups.
- Making good relationship decisions
- Different levels of happiness
- Characteristics of positive and negative relationships
- Modern myths and attitudes about sex including the media’s influence
- The risks of premature or casual sexual activity
- The advantages of saved sex
- Discussion of risky behaviours
- Having self-esteem
- How the choices we make can affect the future we want
We have a number of Relationships presentations, designed for Year 9 up to sixth-form and young adult groups. We can tailor the material depending on the audience.
We can speak to year groups or to any class size. A typical presentation will last 50-60 minutes (usually a single lesson).
Our aim is to enable audience members to:
- understand how to make good relationship decisions
- gain knowledge of support services, including Life’s, that are there to help them
- be inspired by their intrinsic worth and dignity – just because of who they are – and that they are a gift to their partner.
- Pregnancy Matters™ regularly counsels and supports people affected by relationships and sexual health issues.
- We sat on the government’s Sexual Health Forum for four years until it was disbanded. This forum was the principal advisory board to the government on sexual health and HIV.
- We have also responded to a government consultation on the government’s PSHE agenda.