By holding a Baby Loss Matters Memorial you can come alongside women, men and families affected by baby loss to commemorate the all-to-brief lives of babies who did not live to birth or beyond infancy.
The main purpose of Baby Loss Matters is to remember the lives lost and to reach out to anyone affected with support and compassion. We’re encouraging any places of worship to set aside a memorial space using the packs we’ve put together.
“Among women who know they’re pregnant, it’s estimated about 1 in 8 pregnancies will end in miscarriage”
“Around 1 in every 200 births in England is a stillbirth”
In addition, there were 205,295 abortions in England and Wales in 2019 (Department of Health).
Because of this, we want to make sure that, however a baby is lost, people are aware of the support available to them.
Our Baby Loss Matters initiative will take place twice during 2020: Once in the spring and once again during National Baby Loss Awareness Week. It encourages any place of worship to create a reflective space in a side chapel, a quiet corner or a church garden. This tranquil space will offer an opportunity for contemplation and commemoration and the journey towards healing.
Furthermore, the memorial will raise awareness of and support for the Baby Loss Matters helpline and online services. Through our Pregnancy Matters services, healing is available to women and families. Most importantly, Life has experienced counsellors and skilled listeners to help anyone affected by baby loss for any reason. This service is vital to help people acknowledge their feelings, explore ways of living with their loss and move forward positively.
The Pack Includes:
- Memorial How-To-Guide
- Information & Testimonies leaflet
- Baby Loss Matters Memorial paper
- Elevator pitch to describe the purpose of Baby Loss Matters
- A collection of Baby Loss Matters national helpline cards to place alongside your memorial for miscarriage, abortion and stillbirth
- Ecumenical prayer cards
- Bidding prayer suggestions and talking points
- Newsletter insert for your parish newsletter / website
- Suggestions for additional activities such as a memorial service and a collection for Baby Loss Matters support services
Order your packs so that you can bring Baby Loss Matters to your local community.
Please fill in the form below and we will get back you shortly. You can order a pack at any time.