Are you passionate about providing services to women and children? Do you have the energy, aptitude and personal qualities we are looking for?
We are recruiting an Area Services Coordinators for our supported housing and community services. Life provides accommodation and support services to Mum’s with children under the age of 5 and Mum’s to be. We are passionate about providing strength-based services which meet the needs of the service users. Ensuring positive outcomes are achieved during their time with Life.
Life is a UK pregnancy and maternal support charity that helps over 60,000 people a year to manage pregnancy and pregnancy loss with dignity and courage so they can flourish.
Our services include
- Supported housing and community support
- Counselling and skilled listening
- Free pregnancy tests and baby supplies
All our work is underpinned by the following universal human values:
- Humanity – All people are special and equal.
- Solidarity – We’re with you and for you.
- Community – We’re better together.
- Charity – Doing good for one another.
- Common good – Building a better world.
To be successful you need to be passionate about supporting women and children to thrive. You will be confident dealing with multiple challenges on a daily basis and be able to show the ability to prioritise accordingly. You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure the team are supported on a day-to-day basis, referrals are dealt with in a timely manner and the manager is kept up to date with ongoing activities. You will be able to demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs and barriers for vulnerable service users dealing with pregnancy or bringing up a young child.
You will have a sound understanding and experience of delivering strength-based services, ideally in a trauma informed way, to ensure independence, choice, and control for Life’s service users. (Training on Trauma Informed Practice will be provided)
You will be committed to providing a high quality service in line with organisational aims and principals. Bringing enthusiasm, energy and a can do attitude to everything you do.
IT skills, excellent interpersonal skills and understanding the importance of working within equal opportunities, safeguarding and confidentiality guidelines are essential.
At Life we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year, plus 8 Bank Holidays, (for full-time positions, pro-rated for part-time positions)
- Birthday leave (following a successful probationary period)
- Extra annual leave for long term service
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Length of service awards
- Company Pension Scheme
If this sounds like you and you want to work as part of a passionate team, please provide your CV and a supporting statement setting out how you meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrable experience of working within a care and/or support service for vulnerable service users with a sound understanding of their needs
- An understanding of operational management within a similar organisation
- Experience of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of people to identify their needs, preferences and demands
- Ability to prioritise workload and plan time
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
Applications without a supporting statement will not be considered
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding and Equality
Life is committed to protecting all staff, volunteers and service users from harm of any kind. Life expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and equality within our organisation by encouraging applications from all backgrounds.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks. Life takes its obligation to protect the rights of children and vulnerable people very seriously; therefore, the successful candidate for this post will be also subject to extensive background checking, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) which is paid for by the Charity.
The post is open to women only. (*Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
How to apply
Should you be interested in this role, then please complete an application form by clicking the below.