- For media enquiries please call our media hotline – 07867 744 502
- Alternatively, ring our head office on 01926 312272 (9am – 5pm Monday – Friday)
Please find our tribute to Nuala Scarisbrick here.
Please find an image library of Nuala here. To download the images, left click on them (which takes you to full-size versions), then right click and download.
Life is a UK charity that provides (1) support services for anyone facing unplanned pregnancy or pregnancy loss, and (2) education about human dignity.
Our pregnancy support service, Pregnancy Matters™, helps more than 150 people every day. It gives:
- Emotional help, counselling, and skilled listening via phone, text, or email to anyone affected by a difficult pregnancy or pregnancy loss
- 23 houses around the country for mums and their babies
- Free mum and baby supplies to anyone who needs it
We are associate members of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and a Helplines Partnership member. Our housing is regulated by the local authorities and we are registered as a provider of social housing. We are also a NCFE/CACHE Centre of Excellence delivering counselling training.
Our education service, Life Matters®, works with young people in hundreds of schools and educational settings, delivering sessions about pregnancy and the utmost respect for human life. It gives:
- In-person talks
- Online resources
Our schools sessions and resources are mapped to the RE (Religious Education) and PSHE (Personal, Social, Health and Economic) education national curriculum topics.
We have achieved the NCVO Trusted Charity Mark Level 1. We are also registered with the Fundraising Regulator and are a member of the Charity Retail Association and the Charity Finance Group.